Books Like Twilight?

>> Friday, September 17, 2010

If you are anything like me, you finished the Twilight Series/Saga aching for more....and more and more of the same.  Can't Stephenie Meyer just keep writing books full-time already??  Since that isn't a reality, I started searching for books that were similar, and by that I mean awesome story line, clean, yet interesting.  What I found were either really dialed down and boring young adult books, or the complete opposite being interesting adult novels that had way too much yuck in them to appeal to me. 

I search the NY Times bestseller lists, only to be a bit disappointed in their recommendations.  You see, what I've decided I like about Twilight is that it seems to be a hybrid of young adult and adult.  I've been on this search for similar series/books only to come up short that there aren't lists around that fit my criteria of clean yet awesome storylines.  So, I'm making my own, and hopefully if you like these books yourself you will leave a comment of a title I can read and add!! 

So without further adieu.......

If you like books like Twilight, you may also like (as Stephenie Meyer has written and/or endorsed them):

The Host: A NovelThe Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga)The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer

The Hunger Games: Book 1 The Hunger Games: Book 1 by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)  Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games) Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games) - Library Edition by Suzanne Collins
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments) City of Bones (Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare
City of Glass (Mortal Instruments) City of Glass (Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare
City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments)Clare's City of Ashes (City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare (Paperback - Mar 24, 2009))
The Last Summer (of You and Me)The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares
Uglies (Uglies Trilogy, Book 1)Uglies, The Collector's Set: Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extrasby Scott Westerfeld

If you have read some that are not on the list by fit the "new" category described above, I would LOVE your suggestions!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP