Mango Lassi (Indian Yogurt Smoothie)

>> Wednesday, July 20, 2011


Perfect for summer, this traditional Indian drink is super simple and easy to make.  If you are new to Indian food, this is just your basic yogurt-fruit smoothy.  Whenever I can find something that is tasty that helps me get down my yogurt, I'm game.  If you need a change from bananas and strawberries in the morning, give this smoothy a go.  You won't be disappointed.

Mango Lassi
From the Kitchen of Ann Majors
(Print this Recipe)

Ingredients:
2 cups plain yogurt (I usually use non-fat, but you can use any type of yogurt as long as it is plain.  I notice that the flavor is richer with original (full-fat) plain, but use whatever you like.)
1 ripe mango, peeled and pitted
2/3 c. white sugar (you could use honey or other sweetener if you aren't a fan of white sugar)
3 ice cubes
pinch of ground cardamom (optional)

Directions:

1.  Peel the mango and slice it right into a blender.  Add yogurt and ice cubes (and cardamom if you are opting in) and blend on high.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP